OHIOAIR Archives

August 2000

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stuart Terrass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:42:54 -0400
Diane,

Answers below.

Stu

1)  What do you consider those students who take a summer class prior to
their actual fall enrollment?

They are new students, but since we do not have to report them to anyone, it causes no problems.

2)  Are these students counted in your fall enrollment numbers?

Yes, they are new freshmen in the fall and reported as such on IPEDS.  This is according to IPEDS directions and guidelines.

3)  How are they tracked with regards to graduation cohorts?

They are part of the entering new freshman cohort if they are full-time in the fall.

Stuart M. Terrass, Registrar
Mount Union College
Alliance, Ohio  44601

(330) 823-6045  work phone
(330) 823-5097  work fax
(330) 869-6384  home

"I have some friends, some honest friends,
 And honest friends are few:
 My pipe of briar, my open fire,
 A book that's not too new."