OHIOAIR Archives

February 2004

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Parmer, Penelope" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:13:37 -0500
Hi All!

We just received a request to fill out a survey for the GAO.  It is apparently going to all IPEDS coordinators so I'm sure some of
you have received it as well.  It asks for a lot of information including the unduplicated headcount of  students enrolled in
"programs or courses eligible for academic transfer" and of students in "for credit occupational, professional, and technical"
programs & courses.  We do have specific programs that are geared toward transfer and others that lead to a technical degree but
many of our courses are taken by students in technical and non-technical programs.  Also, some courses are transferable to some
schools but not others, in some programs but not others...  Even if these definitional issues could be sorted out, we believe that
we will need new programming to complete this.

Are you planning to complete this?  If so, how are you going to handle these issues if you have them at your college?  Do you think
this survey is do-able in 4 weeks as requested?  Will it require new programming?  Do you know of anywhere I could get more
information about this survey?

Thanks for any information/insight you can provide!!!

Penelope Parmer
Project Analyst
Institutional Planning & Research
Sinclair Community College
444 West Third St.                                      Phone:   937.512.2001
Dayton, OH 45402                                        Fax:     937.512.2049