OHIOFIRE Archives

July 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Halligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:33:14 -0700
Randy,

Call the NFPA and ask for a copy of "School, College and University
Dormitories, And Fraternity and Sorority Huse Fires".  This document
is available from their one stop data shop. This report will show
that on average between 1992 and 1996 10% of fires in these
facilities were caused by smoking.

You should also ask for the NFPA fire investigation report from the
Chapel Hill North Carolina Fraternity House fire.

Last,  search the internet, you can look at a site called Uwire which
lists news articles from Universities around the nation.

Mike Halligan
University of Utah
Fire Marshal/Assistant Director Environmental Health and Safety