OHIOFIRE Archives

January 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Campus Firewatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:21:42 -0500
I'm working on getting the final status on the legislation that was
introduced in the 106th Congress.  I believe that none of the legislation
relating to campus fire safety was successfully enacted by both the House
and Senate, but I'm not absolutely positive on that.  This means that any
legislation that did not pass in 2000 would have to be reintroduced in the
107th Congress, which just convened, and the whole process starts over
again.

The only piece of legislation that moved out of the House and into the
Senate was HR4504, Higher Education Technical Amendments of 2000.  This had
a possibility of going somewhere, and I'm trying to determine what its fate
was.  You can view the bill at the Campus Firewatch website at
http://www.campus-firewatch.com/documents/legislation/hr4504us.htm.

Ed Comeau
Publisher
Campus Firewatch