OHIOFIRE Archives

March 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Wadleigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:33:13 -0500
We have used several tatics over the years, among them are: Agressive disciplinary action towards anyone who causes a maliscious alarm, dmages or tampers with fire protection equipment, highly intensive repair and maintenance by a contracted service company to keep the systems out of the physical plant's long lead time, use of stopper IIs pull station covers, student and staff public education using the old film How
Fast It Burned nd the new ones from Univeristy of Maine systems and FEMA/fire admin.

<<< [log in to unmask]  3/17  6:33a >>>
I am looking for information on strategies people are using to reduce
unwanted/false alarms in university residence halls and Greek housing.  If
anyone has any information, I would appreciate it if they could get back to
me.

Thanks!

Ed

Ed Comeau