PARTNERS Archives

August 2012

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Coates, Rodney D. Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:29:49 -0400
Georgia:
Regarding  Case Study:  This is a group project.  We are hesitant to place maximum word lengths or minimum works cited as this tends to stifle creativity and students tend to write to the minimum or set requirements rather than to the needs of the project.  As this is an upper division course, we (at Miami) typically expect each student to produce from 7-10 pages each (about 5600 to 8, 000 words -average 800 words per page, at Times Roman and a font of 12).  But again, this is a suggestion, not a requirement.  Certainly markedly less would not reflect the level we anticipate, while some might do slightly more.  Regarding citations, again this is highly subjective.

Thanks..rdc