PARTNERS Archives

April 1999

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vincent Parrillo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:43:20 -0400
Dear colleagues,

There is now a Final Project thread established on the Forum pages.  This
is where student teams should post the completed project (from start to
finish).  No partial segments should be posted here.  Teams should
determine who assumes responsibility for posting the total package, and
all should be held accountable for the overall quality of this posting in
addition to their own part of it.  The idea in this cooperative venture is
for students at the various campuses to critique each other's work and
offer suggestions about content and expression of thought to improve the
final product.

Also, we encourage you to have your students give you grades for their
fellow partners, not only at your institution, but at the other schools as
well, and then share that information with the rest of us.  This helps us
measure the work ethic and productivity of all in each group.

Finally, and Rodney may want to re-emphasize this more fully, we invite
all students to send him an e-mail offering their evaluative comments on
the course, so we may learn about its effectiveness and benefit from their
input.

Hope all of you found the course a positive experience.  We invite your
comments, suggestions, advice, etc. as well so we can make the course an
even better one in Spring 2000.  I will be a Fulbright scholar in the
Czech Republic that semester and hope to be able to participate in the
course then from that location.

                                                All the best,
                                                Vince Parrillo