PHCNME Archives

March 2010

PHCNME@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ridenour, Lauren" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ridenour, Lauren
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:47:07 -0400
New Member Educators:
I hope you all had a great spring break! There are a few panhel requirements coming up!

Each new member class is required to participate in a hazing workshop with me and my committee. The best days that work for me are Monday or Wednesday nights during the week, or anytime on the weekends (if you hold your new member meetings then). However, just e-mail me and we'll work on setting up a time. This is mandatory for each chapter to participate in. You should make it mandatory for your new members however if one has a class or other obligation, there is no fine this time for not being present! It shouldn't take too long- maybe a half hour at most.
You are responsible for holding the election of your new member’s CORRIDOR REPRESENTATIVE for the 2010-2011 school year.

The CORRIDOR REPRESENTATIVE will be one member of your chapter’s new member class who will be living in the sorority corridor next year. The corridor representative position is a position of leadership both within the Panhellenic association and the Sorority Living Learning Community Council, and new members should keep in mind that this elected representative will be exactly that: a REPRESENTATIVE of your chapter's corridor as well as larger organization.

The following is a brief description of the CORRIDOR REPRESENTATIVE position:

The CORRIDOR REPRESENTATIVE will:
-       be the representative of her corridor for both the Panhellenic Association and the Sorority Living Learning Community Council.
-       Attend monthly corridor representative meetings with the VP of New Member Education for Panhellenic Association. These meetings will discuss the 5 pillars of Greek Life and help REPRESENTATIVES brainstorm and plan events for the corridor that exemplify these pillars.
-       Attend community council meetings and meetings with hall staff
-       Cooperate and collaborate with RA to plan and execute events for the corridor
-       Be the “liason” between corridor, community council, and chapter.
-       Complete a defining experience at the end of the 2011 school year that will represent one or more of the five Greek pillars.

Please e-mail me the names of each new member elected to this position by next Friday March 26th!

Also, your new member's swipes should work into the dorm of your suite, so let me know if any of them are having trouble!

Lauren Ridenour
Vice President of New Member Education
Panhellenic Association | Miami University
Vice President of Education
Alpha Omicron Pi
419.410.1659