RELIGION Archives

March 2000

RELIGION@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
liz wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Religion Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:06:51 -0500
Lisa,
I'm planning to forward the note to the list-serve of a seminar I'm
teaching this semester and suggest that they attend, since we have explored
Buddhist monastic homosexuality in Japan and China this semester.

Liz
>    Greetings. My name is Lisa Curl and I am Co-President for the  Miami
>University Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Alliance. During the week of April 1st -
>April 7th, we will be celebrating Awareness Week. This serves us the
>opportunity  to join together in celebration as well as in education for
>ourselves and the  greater community.   I am writing to tell you about
>some activities that are  happening that I felt you might be interested
>in. On Tuesday, April 4th,  beginning at 6:00, there will be a panel of
>Religious Leaders speaking with an  audience in 100 Laws. These various
>leaders come from all backgrounds and  viewpoints, and it should prove to
>be interesting. Attending will be a Rabbinic  Intern, a Catholic Priest
>from Xavier University, a Methodist Minister >from the  Campus Ministry
>Center, a Unitarian Universalist Minister, and the Director of  Navigators
>from Miami's campus.    We thought that perhaps it might be useful to
>facilitate discussion amongst your classes if you offered extra credit or
>an  assignment to encourage your students to attend. It's important to us
>to hear  many different viewpoints concerning the topic of homosexuality
>and religion.  Not all the voices represented on this night will be the
>same, nor will they all  be supportive. Please encourage your students and
>peers to attend.    Please feel free to email me back or call 529.1071
>with any  questions or concerns. Thanks for you time, Lisa Curl MUGLBA
>Co-President http://www.muohio.edu/~glbacwis

Liz Wilson
Director of Graduate Studies
Dept. of Comparative Religion