RESCOMP Archives

August 2009

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Woods, David M. Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Woods, David M. Dr.
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:51:07 -0400
Hi,

  It looks like you are having two separate problems - disk space for the sort file and accessing a large amount of physical memory.

  For the disk space, you were exhausting the space on the drive that SAS was using for temporary space.  I've changed the SAS configuration to use a different location for temporary space - this should have more than 4 GB available.

  The memory limit is a specific limit set on the head node of the cluster to make sure resources are available for all users and management process.  To access more memory, you should use our larger memory node, which has 16 GB of physical memory.  To access this node, login to the cluster and then do "ssh c-0-0" and then run sas using the same process you used on the head node.

  If you're still having problems, let me know - it is possible that the 4 GB memory limit may be due to a limitation in SAS, but I would have to confirm this with SAS.

Dave

David Woods, Ph. D
Assistant Director for Research Computing
347 Gaskill Hall
Miami University
(513) 529-1857