RESCOMP Archives

November 2013

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robin Robin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Robin Robin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:56:23 -0500
Hi,

We experienced high load again on mualhpcp02. A user abused it again.
I'm trying to figure out which one.

Unfortunately, the limits we set are ineffective. We can review them
to be more restrictive. When we set them to be restrictive, then
sometimes one or 2 NoMachine sessions got them over.

We will be exploring cgroups as a way to limit users more effectively
after Redhawk upgrade.

Robin