SCHPSYCH Archives

December 2004

SCHPSYCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Shriberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Psychology Students <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:10:12 -0500
Hi everyone,

Please pardon the large group posting, but many of you have inquired about
my health and I wanted to let you all know that the surgery I had
yesterday appears to have been a great success and I returned home from
the hospital earlier this evening.  My surgeon says that it will be about
six weeks until I am back to full strength again, but, barring any
setbacks, I am clear to return to work on a part-time basis next week.

Now, I know this will be a tremendous disappointment to students who
currently have a class with me, but for the next six weeks is it is likely
that it will be difficult for me to speak for long periods of time without
losing my voice.  So, with much regret, I am going to have to cancel the
mandatory daily, intensive, no-break, ten-hour lecture series I had
planned for you all for next week.  Please try and contain your
disappointment and I promise to make it up to you by talking for
unbearably long stretches at a time next semester.

Seriously...my voice is a bit softer and my neck is pretty sore but
otherwise I am feeling well and, after being sick for the better part of
the last two months, am extremely relieved to be on a path to come back
full strength next semester.  Thanks again for all your support and look
forward to hopefully being back on campus on Monday.

--Dave