SCHPSYCH Archives

August 1998

SCHPSYCH@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Abby Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Psychology Students <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:48:50 EST
I have meant to send this message for a couple of weeks.  I know I spoke to
some of you about changing your residency status from out-of-state to in-state.
I said that I had been originally told that if you were employed as an intern,
you would be considered in-state.  THIS IS NOT COMPLETELY TRUE.  If you are
employed in the state of Ohio, you will be considered a resident as long as you
are enrolled PART-TIME.  If you are enrolled full-time, this does not apply and
you will be charged out-of-state tuition.  Many of you doing a thesis will need
to be enrolled full-time at least one semester.  Also, even if you are
part-time, its a real headache getting them to change your status.  My advice
to any of you who are not from Ohio and have not changed your residency,
CHANGE IT NOW!  Believe me, this has caused a lot of stress for me and it could
be very costly for you.  Change your driver's license, car and voter
registration, insurance, etc.  This has to be done one year in advance of
applying for change of status.   If you have any questions, the university
residency officer is Jim Sturgeon.  He has an office in the CAB building.

                               Good Luck and Happy Graduation!
                                          Abby Baker