SWE Archives

October 2000

SWE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Audra Herwald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Society of Women Engineers at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:59:29 -0500
The SWE conference is coming up at Wright State Nov 10-12!  This is a
great opportunity for our SWE members because Wright State is close, and
the conference has a lot of great things planned.  You can attend 3/5
workshops that include the Six Sigma program at GE, He Says/She Says (a
workshop on how men and women use and understand words differently),
Resume Building, Communication Styles, and the SWE Roundtable.  Also you
get to take a tour of either the US Air Force Museum, Dayton Art
Institute, or the Dayton Daily News.  There will be a career fair with
the following companies in attendance:  Copeland Corporation, Airborne
Express, Honda Motor, and Veridan Engineering.  You'll also be attending
a banquet and a social outing.  If you are interested in attending visit
the website below for registration information.  Email me
([log in to unmask] - do not reply to this message - it will go out to
the listserv) if you plan to attend and I can give you names of other
members attending so that you can coordinate rides, etc...  You will be
staying in a hotel in Dayton for the conference, which is included in
the conference cost.  Also, don't worry about the cost of the
conference.  Our SWE chapter will pay for all or most of it so you will
have minimal personal costs to pay.  The deadline for registration is
October 31 so register soon!!!
-Audra

http://www.cs.wright.edu/cecs/clubs/swe/conference/index.html