THEDRUM Archives

November 2000

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Drum: Black World Studies at Miami University
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:30:14 -0500
For the 4th year BWS is pleased to offer the BWS265: Penny Lecture Series.
Briefly, For those who are unaware of this series, this provides faculty
affiliated with BWS to discuss their current research, pedagogical
concerns, or areas of interests.  It affords the students an opportunity to
see the breath, variety, and excellence associated with Black World Studies
here at Miami.  The course, only 1 hour, is intended to just open various
discussions and peak student interests.  Implicitly the Penny Lecture
Series serves as a recruitment tool for the Program.  For you part, I would
like to  I would like to invite each of you to consider doing 1 lecture for
our Penny Lecture Series offered this spring. (By the way:The course meets
on the 1st and 3rd Monday's --6-8pm on the Oxford campus).  You would then
be required to read and assign a grade to one set of response papers that
students in attendance would submit to you.  These grades are then gathered
by me, and at the end of the semester, I award a grade.  This course is
pass/fail.

And for your efforts, you will receive a Penny, hence the name of the
course.  Within the next week, K. Adams (our secretary) will be contacting
you to ascertain your availability for this wonderful course.  Please say yes.

  thanks..rodneycoates
For more of my poetry please check out

http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html

umoja

only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified

rodneyc..