THEDRUM Archives

April 2005

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:34:43 -0400
Yes, i am black,
by design, and on purpose.
anabashedly, unashamedly, and decidedly
black, without a doubt, i shall die that way.

Yes, i am black,
chosen, blessed to be, can't help but be
black, you know the one, that is creatively,
wonderfully, spiritually, and enthusiastically black.

Yes, again, i must declare
i know, its been quite  a dare,
to sit, and wonder where this particular
black came into being, but hey, its ok,
i am resolved, i am confortable, in that blackness.

so, I am black,
because I choose to be, I am free to be, and I
enjoying this being black, for no other reason then
the fact that it suits me right now, and in my future,
I shall continue to be black.