THEDRUM Archives

May 2007

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 11:15:15 -0400
Enough all ready? Gas continues to spike, taking what little we have and making it less.  Less money for houses, clothes, family, and the future.  Therefor I support ....when will we get mad enough, when will we declare enough already...I'm mad as hell...

 NO GAS...On May 15th 2007!!

	 Don't pump gas on may 15th

in April 1997, there was a "gas out"

conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices

dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

 On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas
station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon
in most places.

	 There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the
internet

	network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to
fill up.

	 If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would
take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil

	company's pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the
gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle
Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

 If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this to everyone on your contact list. With
it saying, I'm Mad as Hell -- ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"