THEDRUM Archives

November 2006

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Denise McCoskey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise McCoskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:04:13 -0500
I assume everyone on these lists knows what is at stake and and has
already made plans to vote tomorrow.  In case you're looking for a
quick voting guide, these are the endorsements from City Beat,
Cincinnati's alternative newspaper.  I usually find them very reliable.
  The link with a longer discussion of each candidate/issue follows.  To
this, I would also add the following judge candidates:  Ben Espy and
James T. O'Reilly.

See you at the polls!
dem

Vote the Clean Sweep Ticket
Ohio Governor: Ted Strickland
U.S. Senator: Sherrod Brown
Ohio Secretary of State: Jennifer Brunner
Ohio Attorney General: Marc Dann
Ohio Auditor: Barbara Sykes
Ohio Treasurer: Richard Cordray
Congress 1st District (Ohio): John Cranley
Congress 2nd District (Ohio): Victoria Wulsin
Congress 4th District (Kentucky): Ken Lucas
Hamilton County Commissioner: David Pepper
Issue 2 (Minimum Wage): Hell Yes
Issue 3 (Gambling): No
Issue 4 (RJ Reynolds' Trick Amendment): Hell No
Issue 5 (Smoking Ban): Yes
Issue 12 (Jail Sales Tax): No
Issue 13 (Children's Services Levy): Yes
Issue 14 (Health & Hospitalization Levy): Yes
State Senate (District 7): Rick Smith
State Senate (District 9): Eric Kearney
State Rep (District 28): Connie Pillich
State Rep (District 31): Steve Driehaus