THEDRUM Archives

August 2004

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Denise McCoskey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise McCoskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:38:59 -0400
Please excuse any cross-listing.  Feel free to forward to other
interested people/groups.

Dear colleagues,

If you already know this information (or could care less), my
apologies.  But some friends and I were confused about how volunteering
for Kerry works locally--and I recently visited the campaign office and
was told some very important information.

FIRST (and most significantly) there is NO coordination between the
national Kerry volunteer site and local volunteer efforts.  So, if
(like me) you have been waiting to be contacted from that site to learn
about local volunteer opportunities, it will not happen.  Rather, you
must register with the local Kerry office. just relocated to 1527
Madison Rd. (right after MLK becomes Madison; it is on the right just
before Simone's cafe on the left).  You can also fax volunteer forms (I
have some extra copies) or contact Patrick Foster at
[log in to unmask] or Jennifer Taylor at [log in to unmask]  There
is also a local website:  kerrycincinnati.com, but it is not yet set up
to take volunteer registration.

The office is currently looking for people to participate in a number
of regular efforts:

Canvassing every Saturday and Sunday (meet at the Madison office; the
times are roughly 10-1 on Saturday 11-2 on Sunday)
Phone banking every Sunday-Thursday (5-9)
See the forwarded message below for more details on both.

In addition, another Kerry volunteer kindly forwarded me a message
about individual events that the campaign needs help with, see below.
You can sign-up for those by contacting the e-mail addresses given.

Thanks!