TQEGRANT Archives

September 2007

TQEGRANT@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
bartholemy tam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teacher Quality Enhancement Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:53:40 +0000
International company Web Electronic Industry
is taking the candidates in the USA for the position of Local Agent.
We are looking for the trustworthy person with excellent organizational and communicative skills.
Good knowledge of computer and business relations practice will be your advantage.
This is a part-time job which can be combined with any permanent or another part-time job.
Average workload is up to 8 hours a week.
No special experience is necessary. Excellent compensation
package, the salary starts from $20,000 a year.
If you got interested in our vacancy and you have any questions,
please contact us [log in to unmask]
The offer is for USA citizens only.

Electronics: Building Chips in 3-D Dr. Krishna Saraswat, Electronic Engineering; Dr. Chris Chidsey, Chemistry
McGehee makes his solar cells by mixing a titania gel precursor and a special semiconducting polymer, which self-assemble into titania (TiO2) films with polymer-filled pores 20 nm in diameter. Currently, McGehee is still working to improve the efficiency of his solar cells and their resistance to degradation over time in sunlight. "Right now, we're at 2% efficiency, and we want to get to 15%." 15%? That might seem low, but silicon-based cells operate at 12% efficiency, and most importantly, as McGehee points out, "there's a lot of sunlight out there."
Just this April, a large cross-departmental group of Stanford faculty was awarded a multi-million dollar grant to take up such challenges and develop new devices and technology for use in 3-D ICs. Chidsey, for instance, is one of the researchers involved in integrating nanowire transistors into 3-D circuits, which requires being able to position nanowires reliably and accurately. With the development of 3-D ICs, you can expect all-in-one MP3 player-telephone-digital camera-PDA devices the size of Star Trek communicators to hit the shelves at Fry's within this decade.