UDESIGN Archives

July 1998

UDESIGN@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Kling, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Graphic Arts Design Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:52:02 -0700
Mary,

I'm not quite sure how I got your e-mail since it was addressed to
UDESIGN. I couldn't help but notice that the reply to was a Univ.
Graphic Arts Discussion so I have a question for you. Is this a list
serv for campus graphic designers? If so can you send me info on how to
sign-up?

BTW when I learned html I bit the bullet and signed up for a class on
campus. A really good book is the HTML quickstart book by peachpit press
(www.peachpit.com). Then it's a matter of just diving in and doing it.
It's confusing at first, but after a while it sinks in. For a wysiwyg
(kind of) program that designers like to use (because we're fussy about
placement) my  friend who teaches the web class recommends Dreamweaver
or GoLive Cyber studio. I haven't had the time to learn either so I
can't really say.

Laura Kling
Laura Kling
imc Graphics / 530.898.6113