WMUB Archives

June 1999

WMUB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:49:11 -0400
Today's talk
shows on
WMUB (http://www.wmub.org/Today.html)

Monday, June 28, 1999

For questions about Morning Edition, Talk of the Nation, or All Things
Considered, call NPR's Audience Services at (202) 414-3232. For tapes and
transcripts call toll-free 1-877-NPR-TEXT (1-877-677-8398).

Diane Rehm: doctors' unions; Share our Strength, a national group combating
poverty and hunger
Fresh Air: filmmakers discuss violence in movies
Public Interest: Irish writer-director Peter Sheridan
Talk of the Nation: tba; controversy over basketball player Latrell
Sprewell and other sports stars
All Things Considered: veteran broadcaster Robert Trout recalls the origin
of transatlantic air service

   The Diane Rehm Show, 10-12 noon (*2 full hours on WMUB)

10-11: Doctors' Unions: The American Medical Association plans to form a
union to help doctors negotiate with the managed care industry. Diane and
her guests talk about what this could mean for doctors, insurers, and
patients.
                Guests: Dr. Nancy Dickey, immediate past president, American
Medical Assn.; Karen Ignani, CEO, American Assn. of Health Plans; Judy
Waxman, Dir. of Govt. Affairs, Families USA; Bonnie Ladin, Health Care
Division director, Service Employees International Union

11-12: Bill Shore: Bill Shore is the founder of Share Our Strength, a
national nonprofit organization working to combat hunger and poverty.  His
book "The Cathedral Within" (Random House) focuses on the rewards of
serving others, and introduces many people around the country who are
strengthening their communities in innovative ways.

   Fresh Air with Terry Gross, 12:06-1 p.m.

We feature a panel of screenwriters discussing violence in movies and the
recent backlash against the film industry.

      For tapes and transcripts of Fresh Air, call Toll-Free 1-(877)-21-FRESH.

   Public Interest, 1-2 p.m.

Host: Kojo Nnamdi

GROWING UP IN DUBLIN DURING THE NINETEEN-SIXTIES, IRISH WRITER AND DIRECTOR
PETER SHERIDAN EXPERIENCED THE WONDER OF TELEVISION, THE BEATLES, AND THE
TURMOIL OF IRISH POLITICS.   SHERIDAN JOINS KOJO TO TALK ABOUT HIS NEW
BOOK, "FORTY-FOUR DUBLIN MADE ME" AND THE IMPACT HIS CHILDHOOD HAS ON HIS
LIFE IN THE THEATER.

Guest: Peter Sheridan, playwright, director, author of "44 Dublin Made Me"

   Talk of the Nation, 2-4 p.m. (*live on WMUB)

Host: Ray Suarez

HOUR ONE: TBA

HOUR TWO: LATRELL SPREWELL AND SPORTS: a conversation about the celebration
and vilification of star athletes

   All Things Considered, 4-7 p.m.

We'll reminisce with Veteran broadcaster Robert Trout...as he remembers
when transatlantic passenger service was born. We look back 60-years... at
the advent of something new IN and ON the air.

   WMUB Forum, 9-10 a.m., repeated 7-8 p.m.

News Director Darrel Gray with an hour of conversations with guests, and
listener e-mail comments and questions
(http://www.wmub.org/forumcomment.html)

Friday, July 2: TBA

Guests: