WMUBTALK Archives

April 2001

WMUBTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WMUB Talk Shows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:47:04 -0500
Dear friend of WMUB,

Today's 3-4 pm hour of NPR's Talk of the Nation will cover the status
of the unrest in Cincinnati (also briefly touched on during today's
Diane Rehm show).

As you may know, WMUB is the only station in Southwest Ohio to carry
Talk of the Nation. Our signal does not reach all of the city of
Cincinnati, especially the downtown area.

We have been working with cable and civic agencies in Cincinnati to
allow carriage of Talk of the Nation on cable systems in and around
the city today. As of 12:25 p.m. today we can confirm that the 26
participating Time Warner systems served by the ICRC, headquartered
in Sharonville, will re-transmit this program on the audio feed of at
least one billboard channel.

ICRC serves primarily Northern Cincinnati suburban communities such
as Glendale, Wyoming and others. We are now working with agencies in
the city to get the signal on systems within Cincinnati itself.

As time is short, please help us spread the word to others in and
around Cincinnati. We will keep you posted on further cable carriage
as we have word..

Cleve Callison <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-5958, 513-255-1201 cell, 513-529-6048 FAX
http://www.wmub.org