WMUBTALK Archives

November 2001

WMUBTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WMUB Talk Shows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:03:18 -0500
Today's Talk Shows on WMUB (http://www.wmub.org/today)

Monday, November 12, 2001

Today we welcome Natalie Walston as our News and Public Affairs Producer.

Interconnect with John Hingsbergen and Cheri Lawson (9am - 10am,
repeated 7pm -8pm)
        Heartstorming: Finding Purpose in Life in Times of Personal
and Global Crisis. Guest:  Fr. Paul Keenan, author and talk show host.

The Diane Rehm Show (10am - Noon); guest host Melinda Penkava
        Diane is receiving another treatment for spasmodic dysphonia.
We expect that she will be away from the show until the week of
November 19th.
        Hour one: Veterans' History Project: As our country again
faces wartime, we'll learn about the experiences of those who served
in past wars. The Library of Congress' new Veterans' History Project
is collecting oral histories and other documentary materials from
veterans.
        Hour two: Jill Ker Conway told the story of her childhood in
Australia in her best-selling memoir "The Road from Coorain." In the
latest volume of her autobiography, "A Woman's Education" (Knopf),
she tells of her life in academia -- in 1975, she became the first
female president of Smith College

Fresh Air with Terry Gross (noon - 1pm)
        The geeky kid goes to college. We talk with Judd Apatow, the
writer and producer of Undeclared, a new T-V comedy about a group of
college freshmen. Apatow's credits include work on Emmy Award winners
'Freaks and Geeks' and 'The Ben Stiller Show.'

Public Interest with Kojo Nnamdi (1pm - 2pm)
        Just when it feels like the world has become way too serious,
along comes Dave Barry to lighten your day. Pulitzer prize winning
humorist Dave Barry joins Kojo to share his smart-aleck perspective
on world events and recent politics. GUEST: Dave Barry, author "Dave
Barry Hits Below The Beltway: A Vicious and Unprovoked Attack on Our
Most Cherished Political Institutions" (Pub: Random House)

Talk of the Nation with Neal Conan (2pm - 4pm)
        Hour one: AFGHANISTAN: A REPEAT OF VIETNAM? Critics say, like
Vietnam, the Bush administration's military strategy in Afghanistan
isn't clearly defined. And the political goals are even murkier. Is
the United States repeating mistakes of the past? Neal talks with
military analysts and veterans about the war in Afghanistan and how
to avoid another Vietnam.
        Hour two: PARTISAN POLITICS: Partisan politics seems to be
returning to the halls of Congress. Neal talks with political experts
about whether this is such a bad thing.

All Things Considered (4pm - 7pm)
        Living next door to Ground Zero. Thousands of New Yorkers
living near the World Trade Center had to leave their homes Sept. 11.
What some of them found when they returned was devastating.

coming up soon in local talk
        (live and interactive 9am - 10am, repeated 7pm - 8pm)

Tuesday on Help Desk
        Mac and PC questions answered by Ted Beerman and Guy Moore.
Send questions ahead of time to [log in to unmask]

Wednesday on Sound Health with Cheri Lawson
        Safe Use of Medications (Including discussion of use of Cipro
and vaccination for smallpox). Guests: Guests: Shelly Dusing, Doctor
of Pharmacy, Health Alliance and University Hospital, Cincinnati;
Alicia Large, Doctor of Pharmacy and clinical coordinator at Fort
Hamilton Hospital

WMUB Forum with Darrel Gray (9am - 10am, repeated 7 - 8 pm)
        Ambassador John Dolibois. The former Ambassador to Luxembourg
will talk about his experiences as a judge in the Nuremberg Trials
after World War II, the relationship between America and Europe, and
other topics.

Cleve Callison <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-5958, 513-255-1201 cell, 513-529-6048 Fax
http://www.wmub.org