WMUBTALK Archives

September 2001

WMUBTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cleve Callison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WMUB Talk Shows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:34:16 -0400
Today's Talk Shows on WMUB (http://www.wmub.org/today)

Garrison Keillor of "A Prairie Home Companion" is host of a new
segment on WMUB. "The Writer's Almanac" is a five-minute radio gem.
Garrison recounts the highlights of that day in history and reads a
short poem or two. 7 days a week at midnight, also Mon-Fri at 8:55 am
and Sat-Sun at 7:55 am.

Wednesday, September 26, 2001

Sound Health with Cheri Lawson
        Our monthly FitTalk program, hosted by "Dr. Jay" Kimiecik,
PhD, Associate Professor in Health Promotion at Miami University.
This month's topic:  Inner Fitness.

The Diane Rehm Show (10am - Noon)
        Hour one: Office of Homeland Security: President Bush has
created a new Office of Homeland Security to coordinate the efforts
of federal agencies and other entities in preparing for and
preventing a terrorist attack. A panel talks about the task that
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge faces as head of this office and how
he should proceed.
        Hour two: Haynes Johnson: Historian and journalist Haynes
Johnson's new book, "The Best of Times" (Harcourt), looks at life in
America during the '90s -- the ups and downs of the Clinton
presidency, the economy, and more. He joins Diane to discuss both
what we went through in the last decade, and how things are changing
in the '00s.

SPECIAL: NPR terrorism coverage/live national call-in (noon - 4pm)
        Neal Conan hosts NPR's special coverage.

All Things Considered (4pm - 7pm)
        Continuing coverage

coming up soon in local talk
        (live and interactive 9am - 10am, repeated 7pm - 8pm)

tomorrow on the Todd Mundt Show
        Shaykh Kabbani, a Muslim, was at the National Cathedral the
Friday after the recent attacks. He's the leader of the Islamic
Supreme Council of America, and we'll talk with him.

Friday on WMUB Forum with Darrel Gray
        Terrorism and the Global Economy. What will the September
11th bombings do to the world's immediate and long-term economic
structures? We'll hear from a stockbroker, Roger Ames of Raymond
James Financial Services, and Dr. Jim Brock, Bill R. Moeckel
Professor of Economics at Miami.

Sunday on Talk of the Week at 4 pm
        tba

Monday on Interconnect with John Hingsbergen and Cheri Lawson
        The Faith of Islam. Guests: Shabbir Mansuri, Founding
Director of the Council on Islamic Education, http://www.cie.org.
Other local guests to be announced.

Tuesday on Help Desk
        Mac and PC questions answered with Ted Beerman and Guy Moore.
Send questions ahead of time to [log in to unmask]

Cleve Callison <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
General Manager, WMUB Public Radio
Williams Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-5958, 513-255-1201 cell, 513-529-6048 Fax
http://www.wmub.org