ZOO408A Archives

April 2004

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:54:54 -0400
We have been seeing (hearing) Louisiana Waterthrushes for a couple weeks
now; only the second or third Northern Waterthrush I have seen at Hueston
Woods was banded yesterday below the dam. Tim Tolford has been banding a
number of Northerns at Gilmore each year, but I have found them elusive at
Hueston Woods. This bird was not heard or seen, before or after, it was
banded. I think as we continue into the banding season we are going to find
a lot more species just like this (Mourning Warbler, Lincoln's Sparrow,
etc) that pass through in good numbers, but because they are silent they go
largely unnoticed.
Cheers
Dave