ZOO408A Archives

February 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cindy Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:14:27 -0500
Good Evening,

The Cardinal Cin’s needed some adventure and braved the inadequately
maintained back roads of Indiana between Bath and Liberty in search of
Snow Bunting’s Sat. morning.  Just when we were ready to give up our quest
we found a flock of 50+ Horned Larks lounging and feeding on the road next
to a pig farm and there were 8 Snow Bunting’s joining them.  They were
unafraid of the car as we approached slowly so we were right on top of
them for great looks through binoculars.

Returning home, we saw a Northern Harrier gliding low over a Bath farm
field and just a few miles up the road a Cooper’s Hawk raced beside the
car and then flew in front of us carrying a small animal we could not
identify, but was larger then a mouse.

Returning to Debbie’s home we flushed birds feeding at her feeding
stations, which provided us with an Eastern Towee.  The 50+ Cardinal’s
flushed, dotted the trees surrounding the feeding station providing the
most spectacular winter scene.

Happy Birding,

The Cardinal Cin's