ZOO408A Archives

February 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 11:35:02 -0500
Greetings... The river between Black Street Bridge and Riverside Natural
Area in Hamilton is open, though there's a little ice forming above the
Miami University low dam. ~500+ Canada Geese, ~200+ Mallards, 1 Pied-billed
Grebe, 1 American Coot, 1 Hooded Merganser, 2 merganser, probably the pair
of Common Mergansers that have been around since December. 1 Killdeer, 1
Belted Kingfisher. The lack of diving ducks was a little disappointing,
though I could well have missed a few ducks between the Fitton Center and
the low dam. There might well be some interesting geese among the Canadas
along the river, as well, but I wasn't able to find anything during my brief
visit this morning.

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester, OH