ZOO408A Archives

April 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:28:57 -0500
My field section of the Ornithology class visited Springwood Park in
Richmond, Wayne Co., IN this morning.  The teaching assistants
visited the Cope Environmental Center with their groups.  It was a
beautiful morning.  A list of what my group found:

Turkey Vulture 4
Canada Goose 35 (plus domestic mixes)
Wood Duck 2
Gadwall 11
Mallard 15 (plus hybrids and Pekings)
Bufflehead 4 females
Cooper's Hawk 2 (a pair copulating on campus and visiting a nest by
the Dennis Hall parking lot before class met at 6:00; still present
at 8:35).
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1
American Coot 3
Killdeer 1
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 3
Tree Swallow 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 1
Carolina Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Carolina Wren 3
American Robin 20
European Starling 14
Yellow-throated Warbler 1 (great look at it)
Eastern Towhee 1 (heard only)
Song Sparrow 2
Northern Cardinal 18
Red-winged Blackbird 15