ZOO408A Archives

August 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:55:09 -0400
Greetings!!
Jill and I got back last night from a fantastic trip to the Andes in
Argentina--the land of Andean Condors and Southern Lapwings (they even have
Ringed Kingfishers just like the Rio Grande Valley of Texas!!!) We saw over
100 species of birds in the middle of their winter!!! We have many great
stories to share!!
We'll start fall migration banding next week. Some warblers are already
being reported on the east coast and our waterthrushes have probably
already left!!!
Its great to be back--we'll be in touch soon.
Cheers
Dave