ZOO408A Archives

May 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"TUCKER, Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TUCKER, Casey
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 10:39:15 -0400
Those are some great photos!  Makes me wish I had a backyard!

Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Greenlawn Cemetery here in Columbus because Rose-breasted Grosbeaks have been visiting the feeders there too and I wanted to see if I could get some photos of them as well.

I was able to get a couple of photos of the birds at the feeders.  I prefer the natural setting and background in Hay's photos to the feeder background I have in my photos:

Male Grosbeak: http://tinyurl.com/28tfv7

Male Grosbeak 2: http://tinyurl.com/2bsyzw

I was able to get a photo of a female in a more natural setting right before she came down to the feeder.

Female Grosbeak: http://tinyurl.com/29dqll

In addition to the Grosbeaks I was able to get a few photos of some of the other birds visiting the feeders as well.  My favorite photo was of a male Red-bellied Woodpecker sticking out its tongue while exhibiting its red belly.

Red-bellied Woodpecker: http://tinyurl.com/3bewp7

White-breasted Nuthatch: http://tinyurl.com/3c2yoz

Brown-headed Cowbird: http://tinyurl.com/3brpxq

Northern Cardinal: http://tinyurl.com/33ezmx

Blue Jay: http://tinyurl.com/38kwja

Other birds I saw or heard while I was photographing the birds above included (in no particular order):

White-throated Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, American Goldfinch, House Finch, Eastern Blue Birds, Northern Flickers, Chimney Swifts, Black-throated Green Warbler (male), Black-&-White Warbler (male), Yellow Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Mallards, Canada Geese, Mourning Doves, Downy Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, Red-headed Woodpecker, Cedar Waxwings, Red-winged Blackbird, Common Grackle, & Carolina Chickadee.

It was a pretty nice afternoon in spite of some high winds preceding the storm weather that moved into the state last night.

Thanks,

Casey