ZOO408A Archives

September 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:22:55 -0400
The day wouldn't be complete without a bird quiz! So I have included two
images of Fall Quiz 6.  On a different note, this Swainson's Thrush had
some problems tackling its last meal and it clamped on for a long
ride!  The ant (appears to be a Carpenter Ant) was long since dead and
dried up.

We are starting a list for those interested in the 2007 Birds without
Borders workshop to Tamaulipas Mexico over spring break. Our colleagues at
UAT in Tamaulipas will have 10 students--5 from last year and 5 new
students and we will do the same. The workshop will be 6 credits in two
parts--We will be banding and looking at Neotropical migrants and bird
conservation in Mexico over spring break (and some meetings before), hosted
by Rafael and the UAT students and the Mexican students will visit us for a
week in OH the last week of May (or so) hosted by Miami. You must be able
to attend both sessions. It is an incredible experience!! If your
interested please contact Jill or I for more info.
Good luck on the quiz!
Dave