ZOO408A Archives

March 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:11:04 -0500
Greetings
This weekend on our way to a volleyball tourney in Louisville, Jill and I
stopped by Muscatatuck for a quick hour of birding. We had 57 species
including many Wood Ducks, two pair of BW Teal, Wilson's Snipe (on top of a
snag), and a Northern Shrike (see photo). Nice to see things are starting
to move!!! I think there is a red-wing on most fence posts and grackles in
most trees now!!
That brings me to the Chili Challenge--before this weekends numbers-I have
enclosed the standings. I still have not heard from some teams, but I had
to get the numbers out.  As of last Fri Jill and I [Team Dodo] had 87,
closely trailed by Cardinal Cins with 81 and Hoo-Dey, Saw Whet? with
78.  "Hoo-Deys" have some of the most unique birds so far with Peregrines
(they monitor the nest box in Cincy), BC Night-Herons, and Winter
Wrens.  Things should be moving rapidly now, especially if we get a warm
blast this week!
Cheers
Dave