ZOO408A Archives

May 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 16:45:06 -0400
Greetings... Jeff Brown and I are putting together a list of current
and past grassland bird sites in Butler County. We'd be interested in
hearing about the locations of any sites in Butler County where people
have encountered grassland birds, either this year or in years past.
Of particular interest to us, and in defiance of proper taxonomic
order, are Bobolink, Eastern Meadowlark, Savannah Sparrow, Henslow's
Sparrow, and Grasshopper Sparrow. Other birds of interest include
Horned Lark, Vesper Sparrow, Upland Sandpiper, and Sedge Wren. If you
know of any sites where you've found any of these species, and if you
don't mind sharing the info, please send me an email.

We're interested in knowing where the sites are in relation to
whatever roads are in the area, e.g. "Gomer Road, half a mile or so
south of the intersection with Pyle," or "at the intersection of James
Brown Lane and Rt 127," etc.

If you have any questions, etc., feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks!

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester