ZOO408A Archives

September 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Buskirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:19:33 -0500
Yesterday (2 Sept 2006) I visited the Treaty Line and Dunlapsville
areas of Brookville Lake (Union Co.), relatively little activity in
the less than pleasant weather but some migrants and lingering summer
birds included:

Double-crested Cormorant 44
Osprey 1
Bald Eagle 1 (adult)
Great Egret 21 (down from 31 a week ago)
Ring-billed Gull 132+
Swainson's Thrush 1 (overhead at first light)
Gray Catbird 21 (becoming more conspicuous now that molt is coming to an end)
Cedar Waxwing 72 (several flocks)
Tennessee Warbler 1
Magnolia Warbler 1
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
PROTHONOTARY WARBLER 2 (apparently a pair, at a location where 2 were
seen on 19 Aug = lingering summer birds??)  This is the third latest
Whitewater Valley record of which I'm aware, the later records are 3
Sept 2005 (1) and 10 Sept 1994 (1).
CONNECTICUT WARBLER 1 (singing!)

Bill Buskirk
Biology Department