ZOO408A Archives

April 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Busam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:40:37 -0400
Greetings... This is a vicarious sighting for me, but I'll report it anyway,
though many of you probably know already: Larry Gara found a piping plover
at the Caesar Creek SP swimming beach Friday night. It was still there on
Saturday. A number of birders saw the plover, and two, Scott Reeves and Rick
Asamoto, took photos, which you can see at the following URL;
http://www.ohiobirds.org/news.php?News_ID=194

Besides being a great bird, the neat thing is that the plover is color
banded--looks like orange over black above a standard metal USFWS band--and
that's very clear in two or three of the available photos.

Take care,
---Mike Busam
West Chester, OH