OHIOFIRE Archives

July 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vincent Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:26:13 -0600
What a great photo. Even though I know it cost very big bucks to clean this mess up, I couldn't help but laugh. This is not the first time something
like this happened. I was in the Air Force Fire Protection in 1985 in North Dakota when the new B-1 Bomber came on line. The newly renovated hangers
were having their grand opening with every General an Politician they could stuff in the hanger. The contractor was a low bid company who never
installed such a large system. When they turned on the system for a demo (with no foam, just to show the nozzles turning) they hit the wrong valve,
sending a water hammer through the system. The entire hanger and several Generals were soaked with foam. Thanks again for the laugh.