OHIOAIR Archives

August 2000

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Grady, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:04:29 -0400
Diane, As defined by IPEDS, a first-time freshman includes someone who has
attended the college for the first time in the prior summer term. These
students should be treated as though they were in fact attending college for
the first time in the fall.  So as far as graduation cohorts are concerned,
they should be part of it.  I hope this helps.

Greg Grady
College of Mount St. Joseph
Cincinnati, Ohio