FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"John R. Allison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:18:01 -0500
Ginny,

Sharing knowledge is a longstanding tradition in academia.  It has long
been the norm in science, and other disciplines have taken their cues from
science.  Although there always have been a few rogues who take credit for
work that is not theirs, I continue to believe that the vast majority of
academic researches abhor such conduct and would not engage in it
themselves.  I just hope I'm not naive.  I do believe that this is a
fruitful avenue for discussion.

John