FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
SALLY GUNZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:00:59 -0400
One  thing re future publications -- some journals have problems with
publications in conference proceedings (treating them as prior publication) and
the way we have handled this (I assume it is still in place) is to allow people
to present a shortened form for publication in the Proceedings. This satisfies
the relevant journals when it is done in other disciplines (typically the social
sciences), so it should solve the problem for anyone here for whom it is
relevant. Maybe Ginny and the Proceedings Editor could confirm that this is
still available. I know it was introduced to encourage submissions to the
Proceedings.

Sally