FACULTYTALK Archives

October 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Carolyn Hotchkiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:56:49 -0400
I have the pleasure of organizing the 2001 Master Teacher Symposium for the
upcoming annual meeting in beautiful Albuquerque next August.  I'm looking
for a theme for the symposium that will be of interest to as many of us as
possible.  With that in mind, I'm soliciting suggestions and/or feedback on
several possible topics.  Here are a few I came up with as potential themes
for next year's symposium:

        1.  The Internet as an in-class teaching tool.
        2.  Academic honesty and integrity in the era of high-tech (and low-tech)
cheating.
        3.  Creating a climate for learning that lasts beyond the class room and
time.
        4.  Drawing on the diversity of your students to enhance learning for all
students.
        5.  Innovative methods of assessing student learning.

Any feedback?  Any other issues that you are really struggling with in the
classroom?  What are your Deans on your case about with teaching?  I'd love
to hear from you (and I suspect it would make a pretty interesting
discussion on ALSBTalk, too).

Regards to all,

Carolyn Hotchkiss
Babson College