FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:09:35 -0600
Am I the only one who noticed what is beneath the "al" in "qualified"?   Hmm.
Maybe you can trust him to teach gun safety.  Always remember that a lie is the
heart of every good joke.

Today's lecture topic was administrative agencies.  I do believe I never had the
attention of the students as much as I did today when we discussed "arbitrary
and capricious."  It was fun watching their faces.  Some could not handle that
"she" was going to decide who would be our President.  Others could not handle
that a member of either the Republican Party or the Democratic Party got to make
that administrative decision.  All disliked having to pick a rule that would be
precedence for all elections, rather than just this one.  As always, life
teaches the law better than any professor.

Michael

Dennis Garvis <[log in to unmask]> on 11/15/2000 10:40:06 AM

Please respond to "Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) Talk"