FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Elaine Ingulli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:43:46 -0500
I need an election lesson: Are the electors BOUND to vote a certain way?
Is
there any possibility that if this ends up 1 vote difference, that one
elector could somehow regain  his/her senses between now and whenever it is
they vote?

I am also worried about a different kind of lesson: That all my attempts to
convince my students that good, clear language really matters in the world
are once again undercut by proof to the contrary.

These are hard times.