FACULTYTALK Archives

November 2000

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
SALLY GUNZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:17:20 -0500
I'm sure Dan will jump in with the materials we have in this regard.

One point, however, re the AICPA. First, you can point out to your colleagues that
the AICPA is moving to an integrated approach of materials and this might make law
more rather than less necessary. The talk of reduction in percentage coverage is
relatively meaningless and reflective on no decisions made. However, if they want
to pursue this line of reasoning, they should also cut out or substantially reduce
management accounting amongst other things, since it has been said that will incur
an equivalent reduction to law. Clearly this would be stupid as would reducing law
content.

Sally