OHIOFIRE Archives

November 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Tim E. Knisely" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:21:40 -0500
If you do not have access to a smoke machine, contact a fire protection
company.  There are various types of smoke bombs and similar devices that
produce a simulated smoke.  To get the best impression to your students you
need to use this type. Make the environment safe, do not use a stairway or
other hazards.  Advise people that the damp smoke may be aggravating to an
asthma patient or others and give them the option to not participate.    We
have done this and no one has experienced any injury or breathing problems.