OHIOFIRE Archives

November 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David C Finster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:43:44 -0500
At 09:45 AM 11/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone have information on a good "stadium chair" for bringing the
>sick and injured down stadium stairs?

As a volunteer FF/EMT, we use what we call a "stair chair" to transport
patients down flights of steps in houses or elsewhere.  (It is useful
particularly in locations where a full cot doesn't fit, and it is much
easier to handle on a full flight of stairs than a cot.)  I would imagine
that most ambulances would have such items.

Doing a quick web search, I found:

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewproduct.jsp?catcode=205

which shows (as the first item) a  folding stair chair much like the one we
use.  This is just FYI; I'm not endorsing this product necesarily, but it
looks like the one that works for us.

A bit pricey, of course, but such is the world of EMS.

Dave