FACULTYTALK Archives

January 2001

FACULTYTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Dunfee, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:28:48 -0500
Check out the January 22nd Financial Times for their section on business education.  They have profiles of many of the leading business schools and also describe some of the trends in business school education.

Some of you may have seen the announcment that there is now a Wharton West located in San Francisco.  We will operate an executive mba program there and we will also be expanding opportunities for undergraduates through Wharton West.  More announcements to come soon.

A reasonable prediction is that the next decade will see substantial consolidation among business schools, initially in the form of joint ventures (some involving a jointly offered degree) and then moving beyond that.  One question for us is how might law fit into a global alliance.  If Texas and the Rotterdam School of Management were to offer a joint MBA degree, were would law fit into that program?

There was an interesting article a week ago Sunday in the NY Times on the fact that George W. will be the first MBA (Harvard) in the White House.

Thomas W. Dunfee
Vice Dean and Director
Wharton Undergraduate Division
University of Pennsylvania