OHIOFIRE Archives

August 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Michael J. Fox" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:22:00 -0400
Yale University has installed double action pull stations on all fire alarm
systems. Further, we have installed stopper guards on pull stations that
have been problematic. To date, we probably only have a dozen stopper
guards. Our false alarms due to someone maliciously pulling a pull station
have dropped off dramatically since doing this.

For smoke detector false alarms, we have set all of our multiplex systems
for alarm verification and also try to use ion detectors to reduce the
number of false alarms from dust and steam.

MJF