AIAADBF Archives

February 2004

AIAADBF@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AIAA Student Design/Build/Fly Competition Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:54:32 -0500
Team-

We got some great stuff done today.  Grant, Tom, and Dick, thanks for
cleaning up the room- it looks a million times better.  Bob, Tom, and I
got one side of the wing covered this afternoon.  It looks pretty good,
but needs a little more glue in some places.  Tom is checking at Bud's to
see if they have any more balsa to cover the other side of the wing.

The carbon fiber rod LPO will be faxed out tomorrow morning.  The GE lexan
tube ended up being 4" OD, not 4" ID.  Sooo, we have a few options.  We
can get some 5" OD lexan tubing (4.75" ID)... They have it stock.  Or we
can try to find something inbetween.  The guy at GE will be in touch
tomorrow to let us know if they have any 4.75", 4.5", or 4.25" OD lexan
tubing.  I'll let you guys know what happens with all that.

I'll be in Culler 1 tomorrow morning around 9am or so (depending on how
long it takes to get this stuff ordered).  If anyone can make it there,
that'de be great.  Also, we're meeting at 2:30pm on Sunday in Kreger to
get that report written for Osama about travel money.  I don't think we
all need to be working on the report.  Some of us can get back on track
with our final report for the competition.

One more thing- who has minutes this week?  See ya, folks.

Kyle