ATEG Archives

March 2004

From:
NY Urban Teachers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:40:36 -0800
Dear Teacher:

I’ve been a math teacher in New York City for the past few months, after relocating from Arizona for the challenge of teaching here.  I came here last year through this great program that brings certified teachers to high need public schools in New York City: NY Urban Teachers.  It was really easy to apply and they helped me find a great school, prepare for the classroom and get a New York State teaching certificate.  Plus, I was guaranteed a job upon being accepted into the program.

NY Urban Teachers is looking for more certified teachers to begin teaching in New York City classrooms this fall.  If you are certified to teach a shortage subject like math, science, special education, Spanish or bilingual education and have teaching experience, you should apply – if you’re accepted, you’ll get the same job guarantee that I did.  If you are certified in something else, like elementary education or social studies - you can earn a new certificate in a shortage subject and the New York City Department of Education will reimburse you for the cost of the coursework.  Plus, you still get the job guarantee! NY Urban Teachers’ web site explains all of the guidelines, and the on-line application is really easy.  For more information, or to apply, go to www.nyUrbanTeachers.org

Help affect change in NYC.  Please feel free to forward this email to other excellent teachers in your personal or professional network.

Thank you and good luck!
-Joe